Our mission is to return property to good use with partners.
There are many reasons why properties become unproductive and present challenges to neighborhoods. The Columbus Land Bank is in a unique position to handle properties that are:
- Vacant and abandoned
- Tax delinquent
- Government surplus
- Tangled in heirs property
- No longer wanted by private individuals, estates, or financial institutions.
To Good Use
How does the Columbus Land Bank define good use? We evaluate and price each property for its potential to be:
- Generating tax revenue
- Housing options for people who earn low to moderate income
- Side lots and yard expansions
- Commerce, enterprise, and industry
- Small business, maker, and startup space
- Gardens, parks, and green space
- Innovative and artistic spaces
- Civic common and community connection.
The Columbus Land Bank counts on many partners to achieve our mission. We look forward to strengthening relationships with:
- Columbus Consolidated Government
- Muscogee County Tax Commissioner
- Habitat for Humanity
- Neighborhood Associations
- Columbus Food Oasis
- Center for Community Progress
- Georgia Heirs Property Law Center
- Georgia Land Bank Association
- Chattahoochee Valley Community College Visual Communications Class
- And more!